Friday, October 7, 2011
The Burnt Pot
Reluctantly, I have to tell about this burnt pot that sat in my sink for almost 2 weeks. It wasn't cause I actually never did the dishes, I did them every day. I actually never had the right "sponge" to clean it up. See this was not just an ordinary, "mishap" of letting the food burn (which I tend to have happen every now and then). We had some new friends coming over for dinner, and I wanted to make it a good dinner. We had a 'ritzy' chicken, homemade rolls, and vegetables. Well this ended up being a lot of work while trying to get my little guy down to sleep--which he never did fall asleep. So in the mist of all this stress of cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the baby, I let the sauce which had condensed milk burn. Eh, I thought it will come out, easy. Ok, not really! That thing stuck like a plague. And it stuck like that, cause every time I went to the store, I forgot to get the "right" sponge to clean it. Yuck, I know right? I even tried soaking it in vinegar for days on end, not working! Why do I share this? Well, my husband finally remembered to get a sponge for me when he was at the store. And, so I go in and start cleaning that pot that has been glaring at me for the passed 2 weeks. I start scrubbing and scrubbing and what do you know it starts looking pearly again. Oh my gosh I felt soooo good scrubbing that pot. Then it dawned on me....*light bulb*.....this is what the Atonement feels like. Wow, the worldly pleasures can't make me feel this way, no person can make me feel this way, only the Savior can make me feel so clean and so pure and so worth it. I tried many things to make that pot become clean again, only that specific sponge was going to work out its grime. What my Savior did for me in the Garden of Gethsemane, is the only thing that will cleanse my sins and make me whole again. I started pondering again and thinking to myself, how long do I let my sins fester on me? What things am I trying to hold onto in my life hold me back from having the spirit with me daily? Just some food for thought.....So grateful for the lesson that burnt pot taught me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment