Thursday, February 28, 2013

If I Only Had Today

 


I put together this video to remember the fun times our family has had since Michael and I met. Each picture has a story behind it that mean a lot to us. Take the time to tell those you love how you feel about them. Take the time to listen and truly be 'present' when you are with them. Don't let your mind get distracted with fruitless things. Live in the moment. You never know if tomorrow they won't be there. Michael was told right before his mission from a good friends father to "collect a bag full of memories."  Each of these pictures brings a heart full of memories that if I could I would live each day again, even the hard ones. I am so grateful my family is sealed in the temple. I know as we help each other along we will have the wondrous gift of eternal life. That we will be able to live with each other for eternity, creating even more memories there. I love my family so much! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and kids. If I only had today I definitely would just be with my family, loving them, talking to them, taking care of them...I do this everyday and for that fact I wouldn't want anything else exciting to do. If you only had today, what would you do?

4 comments:

Michael and Rebecca Bates said...

How sweet! So I saw on the side it lists people who have looked at your blog and it mentioned Columbus, IN and I got so excited wondering if I knew that person too and then realized it was me! Ha ha! Anyway, hope you guys are doing well!!

Rachel said...

Oh! This video is so precious! Thanks for sharing. I can just feel the love your family has for each other just oozing out of the video. Love you!

D and C said...

My friend, you have NO idea how much I needed this week. You were inspired for sure. Thank you so much for sharing this. We love and miss you guys and think of you lots.
D

Unknown said...

So cute Cassie! I need to take some time and do something like this! I love the song you used - I just got to hear Hillary Weeks talk/sing at my stake wonen's conference - it was AMAZING! I'll have to tell you about it! Love you guys!!