I love my little boys. Today I find myself on a quest to find the inner child in me. So I spend probably 90% of my day playing referee to these crazy energetic balls of energy. Most of it spent trying to keep ethan from giving asher another black eye.....don't ask I am not telling you what he did. Well in my feeble attempt to keep this from happening I had ethan help me make brownies. I also put Pandora on....country music..the get down with it kind of music. So ethan is standing on the chair, stirring the brownie mix, and he is dancing. Like I am not just talking a little bounce like my husband likes to call dancing....ok actually when michael dances it looks like a flamingo bobbing his head and flapping its wings. Just don't ask him to dance in public please. Anyways ethan is getting down with it and has this huge grin on his face. All the sudden flash backs of when I was a kid and ahem...college dances came flashing through my head. I then realized I haven't been acting my true goofy self for a while now. Here is glimpse of what i was like as a child: I would burst out singing on our porch to some Broadway song I just made up and as soon as a car drove by I would act like nothing ever happened. I would dress my male dog up in girl clothes and put flowers in his hair and take pictures. That dog never bit me though. I am pretty sure I did pranks all the time because I remember one time it was my dad that put a rubber band around the nozzle of the sprayer in the kitchen sink. Well my mom turned it on and it sprayed her right in the face...and guess who was blamed for that? Me! There are some other things I did I am thinking of but it's TMI. My family will know what I am referring to. College I really was no different. Ok I didn't sing Broadway down the side walk on Rexburg campus but I did love kareoke nights and I loved going dancing and pretty much saying the random funny things at 1 in the morning. Michael rarely stays up with me that late these days. That's when my roommates would start putting up the quote wall.
What is it about growing up that we hide that inner child in us. I am not talking about the childish behaviors but the characteristics that make up our personalities. Lately I have been dealing with a back injury. With 2 young boys this has been a really hard trial for me. I feel like when that goofy self wants to shine its ruby face I pull back into my shell like I am in survival mood. I look at others who are dealing with sicknesses that threaten there life and I see most the time they are happy even through the trial. I love seeing that example. It helps me be content with what is going on in my life no matter the difficulty. Well today I am challenging to say those things that randomly pop in my head and do that dance that makes everyone feel uncomfortable because they want to but don't have the guts to do it in public. No I am not going to embarrass myself nor I am going to act like a child. I am however going to let my personality shine. Not going to hold back because others around me are more serious or stressed out being adults. I have a strong feeling that's this is one of those things Heavenly Father wants me to do because in it I will be able to open the doors of the spirit more readily in my life. He wants us to become as a little child. Not to act like children but to be who He already knows we are. We all have different personalities for a reason. Let them shine. Let them be used to make others happy, Care for the sick, lift up the broken hearted and on and on. So to start here is a picture of my personality. Yes they are rubber ducky and yes they are comfy. Now do you wish you had a pair?

No comments:
Post a Comment