Monday, March 17, 2014

I Believe in You

I have had an impression to share some thoughts that have come to me numerous times. Sadly, I have been putting it on the back burner. I don't know why but I feel so weak in this area. I feel like if I don't share these thoughts I will regret it. I have had a lot of introspection these past 7 months while I have been trying everything in my power to heal. There have been some really dark and lonely days when pain consumes you which sometimes makes it hard to reach heavenward. It can be very hard to open your heart to others when this happens.

A goal I have been trying so hard to do lately is open my hearts to those that just need a little upliftment, those who just need to feel a little love to keep them going. I have needed this on so many levels. In many instances, I felt very isolated and unable to feel that. These emotions are just so hard to explain. My body has limited me in so many of the basic things from which I have learned a lot about compassion through this. I set a goal to open my heart more to others. It comes from the book "A Heart Like His" by Virginia H. Pearce.

Well things keep getting limited to me to the point where getting out with the boys was not going to be an option for me until my body was strong and healed enough. So that's when things started feeling dark in life again. When you want to serve and your body restricts you, it bites! So one evening Michael and I decided to watch a show on Netflix. We were not expecting it to be so good, but it was. Its called "The Letter Writer."The video talks about giving people hope and feeling love and expressing it in a way that gives them encouragement to keep going. My favorite lines are in the chorus "Angels are hiding in the motions of humans. Angels are around to help us all. We are angels hiding in the bones of humans. Helping all these miracles along."  Here's a video of her singing it:


You're a flower blooming in the new dawn
The colors around the setting sun
A candle in the dark
And you're every sailors beacon on the shore
You're every perfect metaphor
There's a culminating action of us all
Sometimes there are miracles
And our hands do the job
For every action you move these thing along
Everything you do moves these along
Angels are hiding in the motions of humans
Angels are around to help us all
We are angels hiding in the bones of humans
Helping all these miracles along
There's a golden key that opens any lock
The path to get the thing you want
Is never really blocked
And you're every persons' escort to the door
And every other person is yours
Every other person is yours
Angels are hiding in the motions of humans
Angels are around to help us all
We are angels hiding in the bones of humans
Helping all these miracles along
Along.

credits

from The Letter Writer (Songs From The Motion Picture), track released 24 November 2011

There have been many "angels" whether they knew it or not that have given me a glimmer of hope to keep going.. I still have angels helping me right now. I have had to pray fervently to know who to ask help from, but the Lord answered my prayer even if it took months to find it. I don't think we realize the impact we can have on others. But it does require us to open our hearts and cast away any fears that we may have. We all are angels here to help each other out. Don't be afraid to reach out to others. We all have talents to help others, tap into them, and grow with them.

After watching this movie I felt this enormous excitement to write a letter to someone. So I did. I really did not know her well, but I felt prompted to write amazing things I have already seen in her already. The first attempt to give it to her...well I was super super nervous. She looked a little down. But I did give to her and immediately I saw the light of glimmer come back. I have no clue what was going on in her life; all I knew is God helped me write that letter and she was happier. I have been doing this more and more lately. I usually feel strong promptings to do this when I have been feeling down. I write and for some reason my burdens are lifted.

 One time I was writing one and no words came. I then realized I need to write one to myself. I wrote all the goods things I could even though I was not feeling they were so good at the time. I learned from this that we can point out all the many good things in others and not feel any good about ourselves. I sat with my patriarchal blessing and wrote all the goods things God had told me, my talents, my capabilities, etc. I wrote down as many compliments that I could remember someone giving me. It felt good afterwards. I realized I like to write and I like to see others happy. So this has been a good thing for me to do. It felt like I could do a small bit of service even when my body was holding me back from doing more.

 For many I feel like we are strong individuals. We know how to make sense of a tough situation and get through it. A lot of times though I feel like we could give a little more encouragement to others. I am sure the spirit helps us see good in others so that we can help them see it in themselves. So here is a simple challenge for you: If you have a GOOD THOUGHT about someone, SAY IT TO THEM, don't keep it to yourself. You have no clue how it will impact there life. And if you receive a compliment: ACCEPT IT and relish in it and BELIEVE IT! 

There is a line that rang true in the video I posted below and that is "There is a shortage in this world of I believe in you's and somebody out there needs some." We all will have trials in our lives. And in order to get through we may just need someone to say "I BELIEVE IN YOU." I have felt that confidence from my Heavenly Father. But when someone else tells me it just solidifies that he is hearing my prayers and he is sending angels to help me on my way.


No comments: