Monday, April 14, 2014

The Truth

     Today I find myself on a raging whirl of emotions being tossed around like a ship thrown from one enormous wave to the next.  I wanted to work my body so hard today. I wanted to run all those pains out of my body that seem to linger. But today brought confusion and frustration.  It brought emotions of fear and a heart break of all I had accomplished in this life. The person I have become. My identity I had built inside myself. I felt shattered and torn. I am not the person I thought I was anymore. I am not strong. I now feel lost in a tempest not knowing how to calm the sea and bring peace back into my heart. It is raging within me and I feel the urge to let go and be free yet something holds me back, its hold me down, it won't let me free.

     I feel these things so deep today, yet inside of me knows truth, it knows light, and it knows the redeeming power of the Atonement it longs and craves for. That light tells me not to listen to the tempest which tells me those things that are not true. The light tells me I am great, I am noble, I am worth it. I am worth saving and I am worth loving.

    The darkness tries to steal that light from me when I feel weak and feeble. It tries to play on my deepest fears making them seem real when in actuality they are figments of my imagination. It tries to tell me that I am not worth saving. That I will never amount to anything in this life. That I won't become that person I was meant to come here to be.

    I know I am not the only one that has ever felt these feelings before. I know each and every one of us has a fear, a temptation, a weakness that Satan plays on constantly. Whatever that may be and whatever form it comes in, I know that I can combat it. I know that I am never alone. I know that when everything else seems like its falling apart around me, I always have the Savior to lift me up.

   Some days I lull in negative thoughts and it drags me down. And some days I have strength to tell those thoughts to take a hiatus and I replace them with words of God. I feast on the scriptures and I make my relationship with my Heavenly Father so real and so close. He tells me my worth, not the world, not anyone else. He tells me my capabilities and my strengths. He tells me how to find answers to my problems. He tells me that He sent His Son because He LOVES ME and HE WANTS ME TO RETURN TO HIM. I am a daughter of the most glorious being in the universe. He wants the best for me. He doesn't want me to suffer. He is sad when I am grieving and in in pain. He longs to hold me and comfort me and tell me "it will be ok." He is there for me. He puts His arms around me and fills me with His love. He guides and directs me and will never leave me as long as I don't leave Him.

     He knew it would be rough and there would be days of frustration but with a perfect love He sent a Savior, Jesus Christ. He gave Him a mission to fulfill which would take every ounce of strength out of Him. And with that mission he would bleed from every pore, be whipped, beaten, spit upon, hated, and endure excruciating pain of being hung on the cross. My heart is grieved that someone would do that for me, yet with that sorrow my heart is filled with love. That love for the Savior gives me courage and hope that I do not have to go through my trials alone. I can turn to my Savior for help and I can receive comfort. I can be forgiven. And I can be made whole again. I can be made whole from sin, and I can be made whole from pain. Everything that we have endured that does not seem fair can be made right if not in this world then in the world to come. I know that Jesus Christ is real. He died for me. He sacrificed His life for me. I love Him and I will forever praise and honor His name.












2 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for the thoughts. In life there are Truths and truths. Satan wants is to believe the little t truths that are really lies in disguise. This post conveys so beautifully (and rather poetically) the power of trusting in Truths-things as they realy are-if Satan is fighting so hard against you it is because he can see how awesome you are and doesn't want you to see it. So way to go in showing him who is really in control!

Camclan said...

Thank you sandy! Thank you for your kind words and lesson you helped me see. I really did not see it that way but it is True and thanks for pointing that out.